Thursday, March 1, 2012

March Daily Photo Challenge - UP

Am I UP for this?
Guess we'll find out!
What's up with the photo stuff?!  I can get into the blogging thing but I'm not too great at packing around my camera.  Um, let me re-phrase that.  I may be good at packing around a camera, but I'm really terribly awful at using it!
Ok, I must admit that UP can mean many things.  
Catch up = what I need to do on my blog for the whole month I was in Phoenix with my brother Jim and his family.
Here's what I look at when I wake up in the morning.
This is looking straight up the wall from my pillow - at the ceiling!
Yep, I took my camera to bed last night in anticipation of today's challenge!  Shot this first thing this morning!  Pretty fantastic, don't you think?!
Look at it upside down and that is what it looks like if you are standing at the foot of my bed (kinda').
Here is a sign that I need to wear to keep my spirits UP...


all of us need cheering up at some point!
I got myself all worked up over this post, but I suppose it really shows up some of my lame attempts in the past!  You be the judge - well, maybe not...

{My mom used to say, "I saw U P on a boxcar!" and we kids would catch our breath thinking she had said something really gross.  Well, if you aren't as old as dirt like me, you may not know that a boxcar was part of a train and the U P stood for Union Pacific!}
That was the first thing that came to mind when I saw the UP challenge...

2 comments:

Bev said...

Dang, I'm proud of you for the stinkin' cool UP post....and hey, I recognize waking UP to that beautiful purple decor in your bedroom!! I'm most impressed that you took your camera to bed so you could get UP to your business at hand this am!! and the U P thing....yeah, back in those days that would be stinkin' gross .... but today.....not so gross. Cute for sure!!

Sassy said...

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY YOU ARE BACK!!!!!! Loved your post!!!!! I too am impressed you took your camera to bed.......I do carry mine EVERYWHERE....but that I have not done hahahaha and I remember box cars.....the railroad went right through our town of Holbrook......I miss the train whistle.....one of my favorite sounds......and you mu friend have been added to my list of fave's as well......loved our time spent together at Sassy's!!!!!!!!!!!!