Saturday, March 3, 2012

It's a beautiful day in the NEIGHBORHOOD!

Well, I made bread this morning!  (Wanted you all to know that right up front, since I said I was going to!)  It was wonderful, though not as smooooth-topped-pretty as my sister-in-law Carol makes hers.  I was so proud, and it tasted so yummy I decided to share it with a NEIGHBOR who lives across the street.  She wasn't home.  So I tried another neighbor.  Not home either.  Dang.
I went to the mail boxes to drop a letter to my brother for pick-up, and lo and behold there was the 2nd neighbor on her bike!  I asked her if I could drop off a loaf of fresh baked bread, and she got all happy!  Well, actually she is pretty much always happy.  She is a great NEIGHBOR.  I have a lot of great NEIGHBORS.
Here is a map of my neighborhood with the X on my house.

Here's my street ~
The next pic shows the little covered area in the back where our mailboxes are and the covered area in front where there are two benches to sit and read your mail,  or sort through the junk mail before you go home.

  At the right of these covered areas is an opening in the wall that goes out directly to our church parking lot.  That makes for a quick walk on Sundays!
Our pool is covered for the winter and doesn't lend itself well to photos right now.
You can see on the map where it is, as well as where the clubhouse & tennis courts are.  There are swings, slides, a sand area & a few picnic tables behind the tennis courts that are shady in the summertime - awesome for my grand daughter and her friends.
Around the corner ~
is this little mall - really just a little place with a market, a sandwich shop, a couple of Mexican restaurants, a hair salon, a driving school, a reception area and a Sinclair gas station.  Sounds BiGGeR than it really is!
Handy, huh?!
 Oh, and here is my humble abode!


I HEART my NEIGHBORHOOD!

2 comments:

Bev said...

I ♥ your neighborhood too! I love that whole area....feels peaceful and safe! I especially like that you can walk to the church...dang, that's handy!! lucky neighbor that got your bread....share your talents with all your lucky friends!! Wish I was there for a tasty piece...you know how I feel about bread......my fav food ever!!

Sassy said...

This is my second attempt at leaving a comment...so tired of them getting eaten.......but anywho.....I LOVED roaming your neighborhood.....love getting to know you better......it is so nice having the chapel that close isn't it...we did in our last home...but usually on the two hour and forty five minute block when the kiddo's were home so we had to drive over the speed limit to get to church hahaha.....and lucky neighbor recieving homemade bread.......that is THE BEST!!!! Aren't neighbors great?


LOVED IT ALL!