Friday, March 2, 2012

! BONUS !

~OMYGOSH~
Would you just look at this-
Yes, that is a brand NEW mixer that was delivered on my doorstep today!
It is a "thank you" gift from my brother Jim and his awesome wife Carol!
I just spent a month in Phoenix helping their family while my brother is recuperating from a couple of surgeries.  I told them that my reward was just being with them - but they wouldn't listen!
Made me cry!
Carol taught my cousin Bev and me how to make bread (beginning to BAKED) in an HOUR!
Jim wanted me to be able to spread the love via warm baked bread with friends, neighbors, women I visit teach, etc.  How sweet is that!?
My old mixer gave up the ghost after 30+ years, and the new one my darling daughter gave me for Christmas just didn't have the strength to mix bread.
See that cute recipe book stand next to the mixer? -  that was a present from Bev!
I feel so totally LOVED!
Makin' bread in the morning!
! B-O-N-U-S !

2 comments:

Bev said...

I have goose bumps and tears! Your Kitchen Aid is AWESOME!! Newel is so jealous that yours is RED!! You so totally blessed their family and what a wonderful way for them to tell you how much they appreciate you! I'm so happy for you!! Happy bread making!!

Sassy said...

OHHHH WOWIE!!!! I love it!!! Someday I am going to break down and get me one....and I LOVE THAT IT IS RED!!!!!! What a wonderful treat for you and someday I want that recipe.....and my thinking is...YOU CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MANY COOKBOOKS!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM BOTH!