Thursday, March 8, 2012

My Window Today

Today my brother Jim and I (accompanied by our photographer - my darling daughter Andi) set off an adventure.
We wandered through some antique shops (WINDOW shopping, of course) and stopped at Judd's Store for refreshment.
This store sits across the street from Woodward School where I went to 10th grade, my son Todd went to 6th grade, and my daughter Andi went to 6th grade!
After sitting at the sidewalk table in front of the windows for a while we walked across the street, wandered around the town square, marveled at the carousel horses,

and walked by the Woodward school.
From one of those three upper right hand windows I stood in my 10th grade art class

 and looked out at the back of the St. George Tabernacle.
There is still a lot of the original glass (very wavy) in it's windows.
While in that art class I did a pastel drawing of that view of the tabernacle.
I was proud of that piece of work, but have no idea what happened to it!
Well, that's my window on the world today!
Thanks for peeking in!
I'll be closing the blinds, now...

2 comments:

Sassy said...

I love old buildings as much as I love old windows.....LOVED THIS POST!!!!! What a great day and what a great view from your class room window.......very cool!!!!

Bev said...

Let me tell you, your window of the world is awesome!! Love that you get to spend time with your sweet brother and look at all the memories in St. George!! Lucky you!