Friday, March 2, 2012

F R U I T

This is a bowl of fruit we have on hand.
There would have been an apple in there, but I made Mountain Dew Apple Dumplings a couple of nights ago, and they are
g-o-n-e!
Learned how to make them from my sister-in-law who had them at Bev's house!
Boy are they yummy!
The lemons are from my brother Jim's backyard in Phoenix.  So much juicier than the ones in the stores here.
Had a banana this morning - one of my favorites!

Growing up in Mesa, AZ we had our pick (no pun intended, but appropriate) of juicy delights.  Oranges, lemons, grapefruit, tangerines, kumquats, dates, apricots, figs, blackberries, grapes, crab apples, pears and pomegranates (which I thought were too much trouble for what you got).  My favorites of them all was apricots & pears.
Life is just a bowl of CHERRIES!
---that is a fruit that grows here in St. G!  We also have great peaches!


2 comments:

Bev said...

I didn't know that cherries grew in St. George. I think Sassy and I need to make a visit to you and pick cherries....she is a cherry kind of girl!!

Sassy said...

Bev is right.....I AM A CHERRY KIND OF GIRL!!!!! I am also an apple dumpling kind of girl...I LOVE THAT RECIPE!!!!! We are blessed living here with all of our choices of fruit for sure.....we still have so many lemons and pink grapefruit that need squeezing...........LIFE IS A BOWL OF CHERRIES! ♥