Saturday, March 31, 2012

I've done a lot of RELAXING in this chair.

She has a lot of background.
Around 10 years ago I found myself in a situation with no furniture but  a mattress & box springs and a TV.  One of my dear friends (I LOVE her) showed up one night with her wiry little friend carrying this chair up a flight of stairs to my new abode.  This chair had been hers, had worn itself out at her house, and she couldn't bear to see me sit on the floor.  So it became mine.
I LOVE that chair!
I slept in her like a bed for a while after my heart surgery.
I rocked my sweet little grand daughter in her many times.  When she was sick, we rocked all night.
I've watched movies, fallen asleep, rocked my worries away for a while, let George (our ginormous cat) fall asleep there, and just cuddled my girls in her.
She is soothing, calming, fits my butt, and makes me happy.
That beautiful afghan on her was made and given to me by my talented and sweet nephew, Dustin.  It just makes her look pretty, and warms & comforts us like she does.
I RELAX just talking about her...

2 comments:

Bev said...

Yep, I could recognize that chair anywhere....hey, it fits my butt to, now that you mention it! And, how sweet of Dustin to make you an afghan, definitely completes the whole look!

Sassy said...

I love that your nephew made you such a beautiful afghan...how sweet is that? I also love the story how your relaxing spot came to be yours...and love that it rocks...OH HOW I LOVE TO ROCK!!! That relaxes me...your home looks very very comfy...and anything that fits my butt makes me happy hahaha