Tuesday, March 27, 2012

is of Latin origin.  It means "small".
I weighed 8lbs. 11oz. at birth.
I went from that to size "toddler XXX" in 60 seconds.
Obviously, my parents didn't search the meaning of Paula before naming me.
I think they just thought it was pretty.
I didn't get a middle name - Mom said I would have enough names later.
I was given the name Paula Cluff - Cluff being my family name.
My dad died in a plane crash when I was 11 months old.
My Mom remarried when I was nearly six, and I was adopted by my new dad.
I was now Paula Cluff Jones.
I married a long tall Texan and then my name became Paula Cluff Jones O'Dell.
We divorced after a few years.
I married again, and my name became
Paula Cluff Jones O'Dell Hall.
We divorced after 30 years and I decided that I had had the name Hall so long I would keep it, so I am now
Paula Cluff Jones O'Dell Hall.
{Mom was right!}
Of course I go only by Paula , but answer to any and all of the above!
I do love my Name because it was a gift!
It was given to me!



2 comments:

Sassy said...

I love your story.......and the name of Paula....my hubby's sister is named Paula after his Dad...his middle name was Paul......IT IS A BEAUTIFUL NAME!!!!! I don't have a middle name either....

Bev said...

Paula Cluff.......3 yrs old. Every time my dad mentions your name he has to add that little tidbit!! I remember all those names at one time or another.....as for me...I like to call you AWESOME!