Monday, March 12, 2012

FORK

In June of 2003
Andi and I went to Las Vegas to a Kenny Chesney concert
 with some friends of mine.
We decided on the Cheesecake Factory @ the Forum shops at Caesars Palace for lunch.
Our table was full so there wasn't much room.
I sat my purse on the floor by my foot.
We ordered our sodas, visited and giggled.  We ordered our lunch.  We visited and giggled some more.
I noticed that I didn't have a fork...
Looked on the floor - no fork.
I asked our waiter for another fork - he promptly brought me one.
We ate 'til we were about to explode.  We shopped some and, as always, we had a terrific time and got home
l-a-t-e!
The next day while rummaging in the bottom of my purse for something,
I happened to find the missing
F O R K
!
This is the culprit that jumped into my bag!
It lives in the drawer with all my other forks.
I still use it after all these years.
I suppose that I ought to take it back someday, but I really haven't been back there since!  If I ever go back I will confess - well, I'll see what happens when I get to that
fork in the road!
That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

2 comments:

Bev said...

I'm sure a missing fork that jumped into your purse is the least of their worries.......I can't believe you still have it and can pick it out in the drawer. I recognize those place mats and napkins....wish I was there eating at your table with those napkins and place mats and especially that FORK!!

Sassy said...

That is too funny......I LOVE this fork story.......what a fun memory for you!!!!