Wednesday, January 25, 2012

~ a few posts in one ~

Wow!  Awesome couple of days I've had. 

My aunt Nel showed up at my house early afternoon on Monday.  I was so thrilled to see her.  What an angel to come all the way from Tucson to get me!  We never stopped talking while I cleaned, packed and fixed dinner.  Beth came for dinner and the conversation, laughter and good times kept on. 

Tuesday morning after giving my girls hugs and kisses, Nel and I got on our way fairly early. As we were were going to go a different way than she came, I drove.  There was some awesome fog in my little valley.  Because it's right by the river, I assumed that it would be gone when we hit the freeway.  Noooo, the fog stayed with us until we got to Fredonia.  Then we got to see snow from there to the other side of Kiabab forest!  The road was icy all that way, too!  Did we care?  Heck no ~ it was so BEAUTIFUL!  We just took a little longer.  Nel enjoyed being the passenger and seeing the scenery, and I just loved being with her!  We, again, never stopped talking ~ taking turns or just butting in.  It was a blast!  She dropped me off at Jim & Carol's then headed to Tucson.  I'll see her again in a couple of weeks!

Spending time with my brother and his family always makes me happy and inspires me.  We had a great dinner last night that was prepared by Justin, hung out and visited a while, then all went to bed.  I slept like a baby! 

It's Wednesday already.  This family rises EARLY an starts their busy day.  After doing errands, Jim took me to the old trailer park that Dad created and where we once lived (in a house that was moved from our old neighborhood - Mr. McCorkle's house) and it was fun to see it still in use.  Then he took me to see the house we lived in right after Mom and Dad married.  Of course we drive by Sunland Elementary where we went to school ~ it hasn't changed a bit,.  Then he took me to see the house that Wanda & Jordan lived in.  It's a beautiful home!  Such a joy to have memories wash over me and share them with my BIG brother.  Then we sat on his patio and watched Ike (their GIANT tortise) eat carrots while I enjoyed eating a lemon from Jim's tree!

MISS my girls, but talk to them morning & night - well maybe a little in-between, too.

We will all be up early tomorrow to lend our love, prayers, and support as Jim undergoes surgery - or as he put it "donating a kidney". 

I'm here to make sure he behaves himself when he comes home. 

I sure LOVE my brother JIM!

2 comments:

Bev said...

Love everything about this!! I tried to call you today, didn't leave a msg. I'll try again. I must see your face while you're in the valley!! Love you girl!~!

Sassy said...

WOW!!!! A kidney donation is HUGE!!!!! Enjoy your time together and make lots of new memories.....