Friday, April 6, 2012

This is where my girls and I spent lunch today
~ the St. George Art Festival!
Saw a few local artists.  There were so many beautiful works of art of every kind.  Oils, watercolors, metal, jewelry, wood carvings, silks, and on and on.  One particular artist named Darwin Dower had all three of us mesmerized with the beauty and detail of his work.  Click here to see his work.
I got to meet and shake hands with Eric Dowdle the folk art painter.  Years back (when I was principal broker at RE/MAX First Realty)  I was asked to help sponsor a puzzle painting to raise money for the schools art programs.  Because the company was a sponsor, I got to choose which building to put our name on.  Well, I suggested he do the RE/MAX balloon in the sky, instead.  ...and he did.
He remembered doing the painting and the fact that it was unusual to slip in that particular real estate icon.
Haylee got to do some fun crafts ~ courtesy of the Girl Scouts.
We ate LUNCH at the food court.
Haylee had pizza of course.
Andi and I had
green chili & cheese tamales!
Um mmm good!
Good food!
Good company!
Good day!

2 comments:

Bev said...

How fun for you guys! Wish I was there....I love that kind of stuff and I know the company couldn't have been better!

Sassy said...

ohhhhhhhh my mouth is watering...I ♥ tamales.......HOW FUN YOUR DAY MUST'VE BEEN!!!!! I love art festivals...How cool...love the picture and that he also remembered doing that for you......you're da bomb baby!!!!!!