Sunday, April 8, 2012


The shadow of the hour hand on my clock says that I missed the deadline for the challenge on the 7th.

After a long and very satisfying morning spent at the Washington County Republican Convention as a delegate - More on that later - I came home to watch Haylee and Andi color Easter Eggs.  I actually decorated one.
Then it was on to make the potato salad for Easter dinner.  It has to sit overnight and let all the yumminess penetrate every morsel, you know.  
Then it was put the finishing touches on my Primary lesson for Easter.
Then it was pizza, silliness and Yahtzee with some of my favorite girls ~
Andi, Haylee, Susan, Elisa ~ o, and one fella named Dexter.  He is Susan's
black-capped capuchin monkey.
So, after all is settled down, and I can sit and blog, the time has ticked away into the shadows of late-night-early-morning.
What would the light reveal without shadows to define it?

I wrote a poem for an English assignment years ago that went like this:

Sun's Offspring

                                     The cock crows in the early morn.
                                     The dew rests moist upon green field
                                      Its freshness breaking through the shield
                                      Of heaven's light to thus adorn
                                      And beautify.  But, not forlorn,
                                      Some shadows to the beauty yield
                                      Like Irish lace across the field.
                                      So starts a day ...a day new born.

                                           The morning brings the earth
                                           A newness and a song,
                                           A great and hoped for worth
                                           With richness deep and long.
                                           The dawn comes like a birth
                                           Day's beauty to prolong.



2 comments:

Sassy said...

The more I learn of you the MORE I LOVE YOU!!!!! YOU my friend ARE ONE AMAZING WOMAN......You had a very busy day...an exciting day it sounded like.....I have posted a few after midnight myself....I was worrying you were sick when I hadn't seen a comment on the lunch post....which is no biggie but instead you are on busy little chickadee....HAPPY EASTER MY FRIEND!!!!! Sooooo thankful sweet Bev brought you into my life!!!!!!LOVE THE POEM.....it is beautiful!

Bev said...

You have such a sweet way of expressing yourself....I remember your poems and your art work...from back in the day. I was always jealous....but learned to just embrace your talent and be thankful you will share it with us every once in a while! Life is busy, but I for one am so thankful you take the time to blog.....take your time...it's always worth the wait! Easter blessing to you and your girlies!! Love you!!