Saturday, April 21, 2012


Glass baby bottle.
Mom's note in my baby book
{{click on picture to enlarge}}
Her story to me was:  I was at Grand & Grandmother's home when I was 9 months old and there were two chairs pushed together with me laying on them drinking my bottle.  My bottle rolled off onto the floor and broke.
I rolled off on top of the broken glass cutting my side.  I had to have 4 stitches.
I could never get it out of her - who was supposed to be watching me?!
Anyway, the scar on my side definitely g r e w  with me.
I no longer drink milk out of glass bottles.


Never leave a baby unattended on two chairs.


2 comments:

Sassy said...

BLESS YOUR HEART!!!!!! Those glass bottles were dangerous......poor baby!!!!!! Our daughter slung a glass bottle across the congregation at church once many many years ago and it hit the floor and the bottom broke off and milk went everywhere......I can remember the feeling of being so embarressed..........so glad she wrote the story down for you...at least you know how you came about the scar...hahahaha I have some I can't explain hahahaha

Bev said...

Oh, the best part about this post was seeing your Mom's handwriting! So sweet!! Love this story...amazing how we turned out so normal with glass bottles, no seat belts, playing out in the street, sitting on our dads laps driving, etc, etc, etc. I wanna see your scar!!