Saturday, April 14, 2012

I started today with tons of energy and feeling F A B U L O U S!  Everyone else was still sleeping as I bustled around tidying things.  I did take a break and sat in my chair in my room and feasted on the scriptures.  I do so much better when reading in the morning.  Of course I felt humbled and peaceful and blessed after finishing Alma.  Then the energy burst again.  After finishing household tasks and taking time to relax, I could see how dreary-looking the day was. 
I knew we had a soft rain off and on all day.  Well, sitting and reflecting, I started to feel - not melancholy, or really even sentimental - but, maybe a touch nostalgic.

I remembered when I was a young girl.   I loved rainy days when I could lean over the back of the sofa or a comfy chair and gaze out the big picture window watching the rain.  My imagination would take me to wonderful places.  As I watched the rain drops splash into puddles at the side of the road in front of the house, I was picturing
planets & stars floating in the vast heavens.  I still see that picture when I hear the hymn "How Great Thou Art".  I can enjoy the beauty of God's creation by sight and the freshness permeating the air, and listening to the soft pitter-pat of those precious drops of moisture.  Nothing comes close to the smell of rain.  Well, I do love the scent of newly mown grass, warm bread, babies... but I digress...

It has been a little chilly today - right now it is 44 degrees - but I walked out to the patio checking the effects of the rain on our little garden and the roses. 

Our one full bloom is raising it's beautiful face to the sky as if to say, "thank YOU" to a loving Father.

That is how I feel now GRATEFUL and, I guess that is how I have felt ALL day!

That is how I feel most days.
GRATEFUL & HAPPY.

2 comments:

Bev said...

I needed to hear this today.....what a nice peaceful, good day you had. I love the way you write and it takes me right back to where you were looking out that window.....and for the first time today I felt peaceful.....if only for a minute! Thank you for this sweet thought!!

Sassy said...

Like Bev said...you write beautifully!!!!! WHAT A BEAUTIFUL POST!!!!!! I am so glad you came into my life......thankful for Bev bringing your friendship into my days...you remind me of a quote I love...BLESSED ARE THOSE WHO CAN GIVE WITHOUT REMEMBERING AND TAKE WITHOUT FORGETTING...A thankful ♥ is a GREAT virtue........loved the words you wrote....