Monday, April 16, 2012

This is my favorite flower.
Don't know why.  Just is.
 But, flowers have always played a role in my memories. 
My mother always had a display of flowers.  Pretty little beds of Ice Plant by the front walk,  Larkspurs and Zenias up the driveway, Sweet Peas growing madly up the trellis by the front window of the sweet little white house we called home.  Morning Glorys on another trellis on the morning side of the house. Hollyhock, and more Zenias and Snapdragons along the neatly painted picket fence.  And always somewhere there were primary flowers ~ You know ~ Little Purple Pansies touched with yellow gold !

And then there was my Grandmother Cluff's yard that was my garden of Eden.  This is how it seemed to me ~
A cool green oasis with splashes of brilliant & fragrant flowers.
Many a day was spent frolicking here ~ or just lazing in the shade with technicolor daydreams in my little head and blossom scents in the air.

Then there were those treasured springtime trips to Phoenix on Baseline to the Japanese Flower Gardens.  The special sweet scent of those rows and rows of Stocks would hit you before you could see their bright and beautiful parade of color.
When I close my eyes I can still smell their heavenly scent. 

I want yellow Roses and purple Stocks at my funeral.  But, that is way too far in the future for anyone to remember!

I love flowers.  In all their glory.
 
I've never met a flower I didn't like!

3 comments:

Bev said...

I left a comment, but I don't see it.....I hate blogger some days.

Paula said...

Sorry, Bev, that was the only comment for me to see ---

some days blogger just doesn't want to co-operate!

Sassy said...

I understand about blogger... =•(
Love your flowers!!!!! I am a flower LOVER ...I worked in Haws Flowers for years and a flower shop in Holbrook after I graduated High School...I love them!!!!! I love the smell of stock too it reminds me of my Grandma who always had a ton of flowers.....my Mom ALWAYS grew Iris' and lilacs and had beautiful snowball bushes........I wish lilacs would grow in this heat.....and I love hydrangea's too...another one we sadly can't grow.......roses, peopnies, tuber roses.....oh how I love flowers too!!!! As a child we always drove by the Japanese Gardens too.............like you I love 'em ALL!