Tuesday, February 24, 2009

THAT'S MY STYLE

Around the middle of February, Bev talked about decorating style and had a link to a quiz on types of style. I took the quiz and my style came up as "Lady of the Manor"- yeah, whatever. My style has always been uniquely my own with whatever I can piece together with what I have - early DI or Tres Thrift Shop. I like many styles, but tried to create that "garden" feel in my home. If you read my last blog entry, you will know that my favorite childhood place was my grandparents Garden- of- Eden- like yard. It's all about feeling comfortable and serene in my space. Here are some photos of that space...My Living Room

My Bedroom

The Sitting Area in My Bedroom

My Bathroom Vanity
My bathroom is HUGE w/seperate garden tub and shower

My Entertaining Style

So, there you have a small taste of what I surround myself with daily and what makes me feel comfortable and serene - well for the most part, anyway...

4 comments:

Bev said...

Love it, love it, love it! Anytime I ever visit you I come back all inspired to redecorate something. You have great style and excellent taste! I could fee comfortable and serene in your house or any place with you! XO

Bev said...

I'm glad your going to play....it's fun! How about your letter being....."M". Can't wait to see your fun answers...and can't wait to see you Sat. XO

the duchess said...

Lovely! Did you move? The interior of your house looks a lot different than I remember.

Paula said...

To Sara - If you mean the house in Dixie Downs where Jay and I lived? - Yes - 7 years ago! I'm in the Park in Green Valley. I let him keep the house in the divorce so he would have a place to putter and I didn't want the upkeep.