Sunday, March 22, 2009

A BUCKET FULL OF DREAMS!


A young girl just has to dream. O, remember those carefree, warm spring days lying on your back on the soft cool grass gazing up into the sky and imagining yourself soaring with the birds, or sailing on a puffy white cloud in a clear blue sea catching stars, or maybe sliding down a rainbow and splashing into waves of delightfully fragrant flowers... Can't you just hear your inner music lifting in harmony with the images of what you will become? I can... maybe as far back as a 3 or 4 yr. old. I think perhaps that my vivid imagination started filling a bucket full of dreams way back then...

  • Sitting on a limb in the mulberry tree with a "V" shaped branch above my lap transformed me into a rocket ship pilot racing toward the stars, and my dreams of flying sprang forth to have a hold on me still.


  • That magical change of the straight stick I was twirling into a "baton" instantly put me in front of a marching band as their white-booted majorette - tall, feather emblazoned hat on my head - picking my knees up so high - march, march - leading the parade - march, march!


  • Listening to my mother's soft lilting voice each night as she read us bedtime stories that sprang to life and transported us to far-away places, planted a seed in my soul to someday create those same feelings in others - journeys in the mind made with words.


  • O, how I dreamed of becoming a ballerina! I walked on my tippy toes and that wasn't enough. I folded my toes under and walked on their "knuckles" just to get the feel of the toe shoes I wanted so desperately and would never have...


  • Sitting beside my grandmother as she brushed strokes of paint across a fresh canvas gave me a desire to capture the beauty of life and freeze it's moment forever for others to behold!

...some of those dreams fell to the side of my life as their importance faded, while others actually came to fruition. Then there are those DREAMS of an older, wiser, more experienced woman that still beckon...
That BUCKET of childhood dreams has mingled with the hopes and determined goals of today and, as I muse on these things, I reach into that bucket and begin anew...

2 comments:

Bev said...

What wonderful thoughts wonder through your head...and you put those thoughts to words so effortless~so glad you share those thoughts with those of us on the outside of your head! Your words take me there!! Love it, love it, love it and you too!

Anonymous said...

Slacker! Time for an update! Love you lots! :)