Friday, June 1, 2012

MORNING
My favorite time of day is morning.
 
I love opening the french door onto the patio 
watching the changing colors in the sky as the birds chirp - just warming up for the sweet songs to come.
There is still a little crispness in the air.  The soft fragrance of the roses floats in with a touch of the musty scent of the river. 
It is a quiet time - a time of grateful prayer and introspect.
I cherish mornings.
*
*
*
*
...that is UNTIL
I started seeing this on my drive to work.
Not every morning, mind you, but enough to make me say...
Getting up at 3:30 AM
to drive to work at 4:30 AM
to be there at 5 AM
after working 'til 10:00 PM the night before is making me older than I want to be.
And it messes with my mornings!

1 comment:

Salvage Chic Lady said...

You, Paula, are my HERO if you get up at 3:30 AM at your age!!!