Tuesday, June 30, 2009


You know how some people fit right into your life like they had been there all along?! Those people who feel like an old, soft cotton glove. . . just fitting comfortably against your soul? I've been fortunate all my life - surrounded by fRieNds like that. I have childhood friends that still creep into my thoughts and softly conjure up happy memories of shared secrets, giggles, and warm summer days spent playing together not wanting to separate and go home when the porch lights come on {ALENE, KAY, JUDY, CLIFF, BOBBY, JIMMY, SONNY}.
I have friends that I may not see for months or years even, and in a few seconds of reuniting we pick up where we left off {CORENE, MONA, TONIA, ANGEE, SARA, TRISH, LOUISE, BARRIE, DEBORAH, VANESSA}.
I have family who, if they weren't related, I would have chosen for friends {MOM, my SISTERS, my BFF cuz BEV, and especially my sweet comfort, my daughter, ANDI}.
My everyday-get-me-through-stuff-and-we-can-tell-each-other-anything friend {CARRIE} who is always there when I need her most without being summoned.
My fondest, dearest, and special all-time-love, a man who made me feel whole and comfortable in my own skin, who changed my life, who is my far-away-and-wish-he-were-here, forever-FrIeNd {TED}.
I guess that says it - it's not what they say or do, but how they make you FEEL! Maya Angelou says it in one of my favorite quotes:


To all my FrIeNds ~ to all those who brushed up against my life and shared your sunshine ~

I LOVE YOU and THANKS!

4 comments:

Becca said...

Love you too!

the duchess said...

Love that quote...and it's so true.

Bev said...

You have such a way and are lucky to have these friends in your life...but you know...you have to be one to have one....so back at 'cha!!
You are one of a kind! ♥ you!

Anonymous said...

I love you.