Monday, April 13, 2009

NOT AS TOUGH AS I THINK I AM...


Look out bubble bath - here I come!

Life (or the dealing with loss) doesn't get any easier. For some reason, I thought I wouldn't find it so hard to bear another hole in my heart, but it just gets tougher and tougher - not my heart, but the healing. Maybe, because of all the other holes there, the fabric is wearing thin and ragged. ...maybe it isn't ragged, but more resembles lace, and all the greiving has made it more beautiful - you know - that breathtakingly painful beauty?... I do know that time will soften the edges just as age softens our vision (so the wrinkles don't show up as much in the mirror) and with the help of loving family, friends and my Savior I will cope.

...and a nice long soak in the tub.

4 comments:

Becca said...

It was great to see you if even only for a little while. Love you!! Enjoy your bubble bath.

Bev said...

You have the perfect tub for a bubble bath! Enjoy!
You have such a way with words....I love to read your thoughts!

the duchess said...

Hang in there. Come what may and more. Love yah xoxo

jack+alli said...

my favorite auntie! i'm so happy you have a blog! the passing of others is such a bittersweet thing...
i wish we would have been able to come for the funeral. we don't see ya all enough.
love you-
allison