Friday, January 16, 2009

A Fresh Start


OK, here goes. I was begining to feel left out when so many of my family and friends are blogging and all I can do is look! So my darling daughter helped her dear ol' mom create this place for all of you to come and muse on some of my musings. O, that could be scary! But, hopefully it will be amusing, or comforting, or perhaps a little enlightening...


I like the fact that we as humans can have do-overs. It doesn't go away with childhood. Actually, I think we need them more and more as we go on. Well, some of us do, anyway. I just really am greatful for having fresh starts.


I think that the most wonderful do-over, or fresh start is grandchildren! For anything I may have messed up with my daughter (I think she turned out to be simply AWESOME!), I was given a second chance to do-over the moment her daughter was born and a new love affair began. That little angel is now 4 & 1/2 and is the most amazing creature in the world to me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi mom! Welcome to blogger! Be prepared for comment overload from your darling daughter! :)

the duchess said...

Paula, I love you so much, you don't even know. I'm tearing up right now just thinking about it. You were such a wonderful example and friend to me at a time when I really needed it. You were the Mom I could lean on when my own was away. I always found comfort and strength in your family and your home. Even all these years later I look back with the choicest of memories and warmest of hearts. I am so fortunate to have met you and treasure your friendship. You will always be dear to my heart and I look forward to musing together again. XOXO

Bev said...

I'm so glad you're in the blogging world! We can communicate every single day....I'm going to be checking on you....so, keep me posted on what's happening in your life! Yipee!!