Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Past Attempts at Greatness

Cleaning the garage brought forth a few of my attempts at ART.  Some I feel pretty good about, and others  - well, let me just say - I tried.  Most of these were done in highschool, a couple when I was first married, and two in honor of my grand daughter's birthdays.
This woodcut was done my sophmore year.  My first attempt at woodcutting and printing.

Same period - first of five prints on this woodcut - Top String.  Have no idea who has the others.  Because these are old, they are both becoming very fragile.  the paper is yellowing and crinkly!  O, wait, so am I! 

Following are some of the water colors that I painted my Junior year.  Most were done on site.
This was in the Washington fields looking toward Pine Valley Mountain.

Front view of same housein the fields
.
Backside of an old house in Santa Clara close to the Jacob Hamblin home.
Painted in the classroom.
Read about this one Here
Portrait of a fellow classmate done in conte crayon my senior year.
(I did get the art award that year)
This was drawn from looking at a photo of a dear friend in the 70's.
Following are a few pencil sketches I did when I was first married.
I loved sketching trees!  I still doodle trees.

 -done in crayon on a foam board for Haylee's B-day party a couple of years ago.   They played pin the shades on the rock star - with sun-glasses made out of art foam.  (Haylee put the bright circles on the cheeks at a later time) 
-dry erase markers for Haylee's party

My next attempt will be scanning some of my ancient poetry to muse on!

3 comments:

jack+alli said...

yellowing and crinkly you are not! lol!

you've got great talent, auntie!
love you
xoxo

Andi said...

I LOVE that you found all of these! You are SO talented! I'd love if you'd do Haylee's portrait for me. :)

Bev said...

Talend just drips from you!! You're amazing and so is your art work. I love these!!